WINTER IN VALDAORA
Valdaora, a paradise to configure active holidays
In winter but also in spring, summer and autumn there are lots of sports and fun activities for all ages!
ski & snowboard
Skiing and snowboarding on the Plan de Corones, which offers 120 km of slopes. It was awarded for “the best ski area 2017/2018” in the category 5 star ski areas.
The skibus stopps directly in front of our house and brings you there.
There are other ski areas around us, such as: Val Gardena, Val di Fassa, Dolomites region Alpe di Siusi, Arabba Marmolada, Obereggen and much more.
In winter there are facilities on the Plan de Corones, where professional caretakers look after your children while you have time to enjoy the wonderful slopes.
Snowshoeing through the winter landscape, a trendy sport for young and old, offers fascinating views and a wonderful nature experience.
- Hochnall (easy)
Combine a hiking tour with a nice sledge ride. Several alpine huts are also farmed in winter.
- Lago di Anterselva – Passo di Stalle
- Malga di Tesido
- Prato Piazza
- Baranci/San Candido (reachable by chairlift)
- Pertinger Alm (easy)
Do you like dancing on ice? There are a few possibilities:
- Ice skating rink Panorama (200m distance)
- Small ice rink in the centre of Valdaora di mezzo
- In Bruneck you can find a hockey stadium (12km distance)
We are surrounded by more than 200km of cross-country ski trails. You have the choice:
- Südtirol Arena – Biathlon Center Antholz Alto Adige
- Valley of Casies
- Prato Piazza /Valley of Braies
- Dobbiaco – the paradise of cross-country skiing